Lifestealer N'aix (aka Naix, Ghoul, Gollum, Sméagol) - Lifestealer / All-rounder
Naix is a good and dependable semi-carry/ anti-tank; naix has jungling potential and once core is farmed he can become a semi-carry, naix is a teamplayer with his open wounds skill, as well as being dependable through his innate rage magic immunity; in this build we try new things and focus on naix to contribute in a very dependant manner to team clashes, to have fun with a naix who is not so nice to play against and becoming an allrounder without losing too much efficacy.
The naix in this guide remains very effective against tanks and now also preys very effective on casters. His only remaining weaknesses are mass-disablers; image heroes and agi carry heroes.
Attribute Type: Strength
Attack type: Melee
Roles: Lifestealer and All-rounder.
Very Short Guide:
Lane: with a partner; preferably with good lanecontrol
After level 3: naix can go jungle, resulting in another solo lane
After armlet your strong mid game begins
Orchid to disable disablers/stunners or save allies
Good: against heroes; without escape mechanism, tanks and casters.
Bad: against full carries (e.g. mortred; lanaya; troll; syllabear; slithice; slardar; void; phantom lancer), bashers (troll; barathrum; slardar; void; syllabears entangle; cranium basher users); bad against team situations (syllabear + bear; slithice; chaos knight; phantom lancer; chen the holyknight; mantastyle; dirge)
Skill build: Lvl 1: Feast, level 2: Open Wounds. Then prioritize feast and prioritize rage next. Take infest whenever possible. Continu with Open Wounds and finish with stats.
1. the hunter: let your buddy land a stun or if solo try to get as close as possible with help of open wounds if needed, soulburn if needed to prevent casting of skills or to start amplifying your damage, cast enrage to dodge projectiles or to add up to your damage, cast open wounds if you do not succeed to catch up in any stage of your combo or they attempt to flee --> hopefully kill; use infest to replenish health, use open wounds/rage/soulburn to help fleeing.
2. the teamplayer/ in teamfights: target the tank and soulburn the biggest threats to your team in teamfights, open wound your team's marked target for maximum team lifeleech. Naix best hits are those on targets with much hp, wack target for 5 hits, then change target if your team/harder carry can finish him off.
Item Build (Itemleri)
- Start: stout shield + quelling blade and 1 STAT branch: result a naix that can jungle from start
- 1. gloves of haste
- 2. belt of giant strength
- 3. boots of speed --> complete power treads
- 4. gloves of haste
- 5. blades of attack
- 6. helm of iron will
- 7. armlet of mordiggan recipe --> armlet of mordiggan completed: strong mid-game naix
- 8. 3* sobi mask
- 9. 3* robe of the magi
- 10. 3* quarter staff --> complete orchid malevolence
- 11. boots of elven skin
- 12. blade of alactrity
- 13. yasha recipe --> (yasha completed; temporarily)
- 14. belt of giant strength
- 15. ogre axe
- 16. sange recipe --> (sange completed; temporarily) --> sange and yasha completed
- discard quelling blade
- sell stout shield
- 17. hyperstone
- 18. chain mail
- 19. plate mail
- 19. assault cuirass recipe --> assault cuirass completed
- 20. belt of giant strength
- 21. javelin
- 22. cranium basher recipe --> cranium basher completed
- replace sange and yasha with mask of madness: cheap source of high attack speed and movement speed and some additional lifesteal when feast becomes less effective at the cost of 30%! additional damage taken (note: cranium basher is now obligatory!!, to help you survive the increased damage you will receive) --> quelling blade can be discarded at this moment
- replace basher or assault cuirass with heart of tarrasque = perma armlet naix/ naix the tank
Also very fun: against all odds naix/ don't touch the naix build:
- replace sange and yasha with mask of madness: cheap source of high attack speed and movement speed and some additional lifesteal when feast becomes less effective at the cost of 30%! additional damage taken
- replace assault cuirass with heart of tarrasque = perma armlet naix/ naix the tank
- replace basher with blademail
Strategy: engage a fight with perma-armlet naix: turn on mom and open wounds and use soulburn on your target, if they fight back/expect them to do so turn on blademail (30% extra damage of mom is now also returned to your attackers and also amplified by soulburn and succesively leeched back by your open wound skill).
Steroid items - activation equals huge gains, but at high cost to self:
Below explanations why these controversial items have synergy with nai'x.
- armlet: enormously strong on STR heroes like nai'x, but has drawback of 35 health loss per second. Nai'x copes with this by 3 of his 4 skills: feast: health regain per hit armlet ups attackspeed, open wounds: health regain per damage armlet ups dps, infest: afterwards regain health lost due to armlet.
- mask of madness: enormous gain in attackspeed (non-aglity based) an some movement bonus percentage as well (nai'x has decent base movement speed), but drawback 30% increased damage. Nai'x copes with this by 4 of his 4 skills: rage: 4.75 secs of magic immunity (4.75 secs no damage of magic and also no magic damage increased by the mask) and increased attackspeed fully stacks with the increase in attackspeed of mask of madness increases dps and lifesteal, feast: health regain per hit mask of madness ups attackspeed like no other, open wounds: health regain per damage maks of madness ups dps decenlty, infest: afterwards regain health lost due to mask of madness.
The bold parts above form the core items of this item build.
- good jungling starting items: stout shield + quelling blade: offers protection against (ranged) dps heroes and allows for jungling
- good anti tank: feast takes % of current HP: perfect against those high hp monstrosities; high attackspeed = more feast and orchid amplify damage neglects armour.
- good antimage: magic immunity through rage and silence through soulburn; armour down through assault cuirass and bashes and open wound slow combined with high ms (yasha) are hell to them
- fast ms: sange and yasha +12%/ mask of madness +10% for duration
- good as: all items except basher; increasing survivability; nai'x loves attackspeed due to feast.
- support: team fights and dependable; soulburn silence + amplify damage and open wounds
- decent health: good strength: powertreads, armlet and sange combined with high armor: armlet and assault cuirass; attack speed equals more feast, eqauls more survival
- good escapes/survival: feast; rage; infest; open wounds; fast ms; bash; soulburn silence;
- slow: bash; greater maim; open wounds
- reasonable dps: all items add up to reasonable dps; although far less than a naix dps build (desolator) --> soulburn damage does amplify
- easy build up of items: only assault cuirass needs secret shop to build
- build is not cast in stone/ flexibility: limited core items to 3; drawbacks can be 'cured', although losing benefits of the discarded items
- good mana regeneration: orchid malevolence ensures that skills are spammable
- alternative and fun items
- starting items are fully wasted in final item sets --> cure start with belt of gaint strength
- naix is not that mana dependant: too much mana regeneration from orchid malevolance
- a not so beefy naix/ no tanking ability --> cure: take a heart of tarasque --> perma armlet naix
- a not so dpsing naix (not even half of the item-dependant dps that could be obtained for this money) --> cure: go full dps items: desolator; divine rapier; monkey king bar and buriza do kanyon
- no evasion, nor disable skills:will be permabashed; destroyed by dps-ing/bashing full carries --> cure: get butterfly and/or eul's scepter of divinity (tornado) and/or guinsoo scythe of the vise (hex)
- weak against % based heroes: necromancer, huskar and blademail --> cure get blademail: damage returen; and/or armour (naix); get hood of defiance/pipe and/or black king bar (huskar; necromancer; blademail)
- does not function well against heroes with evasive protection --> cure: get monkey king bar
- no immolation/ no splash and feast does not work on images: will be owned by image heroes --> cure get radiance or battlefury
- very, very expensive build: only possible with leavers --> cure: alternative, cheaper build: only powertreads and armlet are essential and only powertreads, armlet and orchid are core. Very cheap alternative item with high synergy is mask of madness.
- weak to gangbang/disable spammers --> cure: lothar, dagger, black king bar or linken's sphere
- no truesight --> cure: necromicon warriors lvl 3; gem of true sight; dust of appearance; sentry wards
Andere hero guides, item builds en meer informatie over DotA vind je door hier te klikken.